3-15-2014: Anchored out in the beautiful, clear blue water by Manjack Cay, Abaco, Bahamas

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Burlington, IA to Keokut, IA; Yacht Club

Slip at Yacht Club
Thursday: Another beautiful day. We started with a walk along the river. We got going by 08:30 and the river was smooth and quiet. We did not have any locks today but we had 2 bridges so the day went fast. The Fort Madison bridge is a combination RR and Hwy bridge. The bridge tender held up a train and about 30 cars in each direction to let us go through. We didn't know they would do that; it was kinda cool.

We got to Keokuk, IA, before 13:00 so I got to take care of a few things. The bartender, Michael, at the yacht club let me use his car to go to Walmart to stock up on groceries. My first trip to Walmart since I left Red Wing. I also did 3 loads of wash. All in all it was a pretty quiet day.
CO's comments: As of today, I will be giving you our ending coordinates for the day so you can go on Google Earth to see where we are located. Today's coordinates are:
Degrees Minutes Seconds
Lat.
N 40 25 2842
Long.
W 91 23 0512


No comments:

Post a Comment