3-15-2014: Anchored out in the beautiful, clear blue water by Manjack Cay, Abaco, Bahamas

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday, January 5, 2011, Boat Incident at Treasure Island Dock

Boy, you never know what's going to happen at any given time.  Yesterday, January 4, 2011, at 10:45, we were getting ready to walk to the grocery store.  I was in the salon and Keith was up in the porch.  Next thing we knew there was a loud crash and bang, the whole boat shook, a lot!  I thought we were sinking.  The force threw me down and I landed on the couch.  It wasn't more than a few minutes and I had a really bad migraine.  I took a migraine pill and went to bed to try an curb it as much as I could.  I slept for 2 hours and got up and took another one and went back to bed.  I am feeling much better today.

So, here's what happened.  There is a new Silverton with a new captain tied up to the dock in front of our boat.  He started his engines to warm them up and he lost control of his boat and ran straight into us.  He pulled four cleats out of the dock and broke the water main.  One cleat went flying about 75 yards and hit the building in front of us.  When he hit the front of our boat he broke the anchor roller, bent our flag pole beyond repair, and broke the safety railing.  We do not know yet if there is any structural damage.



Railing is all one piece

If we have to replace the whole railing they will have
to tear apart the inside of the boat to get at it

Cleat hit on the second flool above the window

CO's comments:  None at this time.  He will comment later after he cools down.

2 comments:

  1. Good Grief! Hope everything is solved soon! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just heard the news from Dream Catcher. Hoping all goes well-I'll bet Les was real happy too. Wish we were there to help console you.
    C-B
    M/V Bade Boomer

    ReplyDelete