3-15-2014: Anchored out in the beautiful, clear blue water by Manjack Cay, Abaco, Bahamas

Friday, April 22, 2011

April 19 through 21 Tuesday through Thursday

Tuesday through Thursday, Morehead City, NC:  Not much to report these last few days.  Spent 4 days in Morehead City, NC.  We got caught up on some things and we rented a car for the day.  I had a list a mile long of stops planned; boy, that was a long day.  We drove up by New Bern, NC, and finally got our National Parks Senior Pass and we drove by one of the towns that got hit real bad by last Saturdays tornado's.  Keith got to go by Cherry Point where he spent his last year in the Marines and where he started his flying career. We will be leaving in the morning if the weather cooperates. These last 2 days we have had a some terrible winds coming off the Atlantic and we really got rocked and rolled here at the T-dock.  I will be glad to get to some calmer waters.

CO's comments:  This last week I felt right at home.  Camp Lejeune, Cherry Point, Harriers, and beached.  I can close my eyes and remembering landing on such beaches and moving inland.  Too bad a person has to age; my mind feels like 20 but my body doesn't cooperate!  I still don't like the boaters on the east coast as most are inconsiderate. 

This is some of the devastation from the storm that went north of us
More damage and the house next door was fine
A lot of trees down

No comments:

Post a Comment