3-15-2014: Anchored out in the beautiful, clear blue water by Manjack Cay, Abaco, Bahamas

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Not much going on these past few days. Keith did the engines and generator oil and filter changes so that is done for a while. I have been doing my charts for the Okeechobee Waterway and our start up the East Coast and also working on our taxes. I am such a procrastinator when it comes to stuff like this, but I always manage to get things done.

Keith's cousin, Dan, who he hasn't seen in about  45 to 50 years, came over yesterday for a visit.  He spends his winters in Florida.  It was nice to meet him and we had a very nice visit and lunch.
 
Pictured is the old Ambassador Hotel.  It is located on the ICW right next the Fort Myers Yacht Basin.  Rumor has it that that the owner was from the middle east and when he died; over 2 years ago, the family has been fighting over it ever since.  I guess at one time it was quite the nice hotel but now it sits empty, still full of all the room furnishings, and is in litigation.  Now it is just kind of an eye sore and the City of Fort Myers wants to tear it down.
 
 
Keith and Dan
March 2, 2011
Old Ambassador Hotel
downtown Fort Myers












CO's comments:  Bobbie has been so tough on me lately that my rotator cuff gave way.  I had to go to the Doctor to get another shot of cortisone.  Hopefully she will ease off on me so that I can be fairly pain free for the next 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment