3-15-2014: Anchored out in the beautiful, clear blue water by Manjack Cay, Abaco, Bahamas

Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 2, 2012, Pebble Isle;

Our plans were changed a little due to the weather.  Because of the rain we postponed our 2 day anchorage til next week when it looks like the weather will be nicer.  Or, we may just skip our planned anchorage and start the Cumberland.

Keith took me to Memphis, TN, to see Graceland on Thursday as an early Birthday present.  It was about a 3 hour drive and we took the "Platinum Tour" which took us about 4 hours.  It was all I thought it would be and then some.  It really took us back in time.  Keith was very patient and took all of the pictures so I could enjoy the tour.  I must admit, I am proud of him because originally he was going to sit and read a book while I did the tour but the night before he said he would tour with me.  Thank you Keith.  It was a wonderful Birthday present.

Following are some pictures of our tour:




Welcome to Graceland!


Lockheed Jet Star; Hound Dog II




Meditation Garden, one of Elvis' favorite places. 
The grave sites of Elvis, his parents, his Grandmother, and his twin brother.



Entrance to the Automobile Museum.

CO's comments:  I did enjoy seeing Elvis' old cars and his 2 airplanes; a Convair 880 and a Lockheed Jet Star.  There is a guy in our marina that has a Baja-go fast, with 2; 500 hp engines.  He has only been on the water about 3.5 days and has gone through over $1600.00 of fuel.  By the end of the summer he might have to mortgage his home to pay for fuel.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Graceland is a place I've always wanted to visit myself.

    ReplyDelete